NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, is satisfied with Panera Bread Company (PNRA) and thinks investors should feel confident about its CEO, Ron Shaich.
Cramer referred to Shaich as one of his "bankable 21," his list of CEOs investors can count on. He elaborates on these CEOs in his new book, Get Rich Carefully.
Cramer noted that Shaich runs a company with a "controversial" stock -- Panera is described this way because the company is having trouble keeping up with foot traffic during peak business hours.
But that's a short-term issue, Cramer said, and investors shouldn't worry about it. Instead, they should focus on Shaich's ability to understand young people, what they want and how they want to eat it.Cramer concluded that Shaich has developed what he calls the "finest, good-tasting casual dining" environment. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV