The Board of Directors of The Coca-Cola Company today announced former Ambassador Donald F. McHenry and Swedish businessman Jacob Wallenberg will not stand for re-election to the Board at the Company’s Annual Meeting of Shareowners in April.
Jacob Wallenberg (Photo: Business Wire)
McHenry, 77, is a longtime director of The Coca-Cola Company, having served on the Board since 1981. Best known for his work in public service, McHenry served as Ambassador and U.S. Permanent Representative to the United Nations from 1979 to 1981 and as a member of President Jimmy Carter’s Cabinet. Prior to that appointment, he was Ambassador and U.S. Deputy Representative to the U.N. Security Council and held roles of increasing responsibility at the U.S. State Department.
McHenry has also held roles in the field of foreign policy with the Brookings Institution, the Council on Foreign Relations and the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. During his career, he has represented the United States at a number of international events, served as Presidential Envoy to Nigeria, served as a member of U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan’s mission to Algeria and led a consulting mission on Senegal elections.
McHenry is currently the Distinguished Professor in the Practice of Diplomacy and International Affairs at Georgetown University, Chair of the Ford Foundation International Fellows Program, and is a member of The Global Leadership Forum, a not-for-profit organization that works to support democratic leadership, prevent and resolve conflict through mediation, and promote good governance in the form of democratic institutions. He is also a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and is an Advisory Board member for the Partnership for a Secure America, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to recreating the bipartisan center in American national security and foreign policy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV