- Cases concluded against 156 respondents by contested hearings, 150 respondents by settlement agreement and 76 respondents by court decision.
- Cases concluded resulting in:
- Fines and administrative penalties of $35.4 million;
- Almost $55 million in restitution, compensation and disgorgement; and
- Jail sentences handed down to eight individuals.
- 112 cases commenced against a total of 160 individuals and 110 companies.
- 35 interim and asset freeze orders issued against a total of 76 individuals and companies.
Canadian Securities Regulators' 2013 Enforcement Report Highlights Advanced Technologies To Combat Illegal Activities
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.