BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Stocks are slated for a pullback today, dipping early in Thursday's session after a rip-roaring week-and-a-half of buying. In that time, the S&P 500 has managed to regain almost every point ceded in January's correction -- so Mr. Market can be forgiven for looking a little sluggish this week.
The bigger picture is what matters here. As I write, the primary trend for equities is still very much up and to the right. Until that changes, we're still in a "buy the dips market."
While we're not at a dip in the big indices quite yet (that happened at the start of the month), this week is bringing some buying opportunities in individual stocks. That's why we're taking a closer technical look at five big-name trades today.If you're new to technical analysis, here's the executive summary. Technicals are a study of the market itself. Since the market is ultimately the only mechanism that determines a stock's price, technical analysis is a valuable tool even in the roughest of trading conditions. Technical charts are used every day by proprietary trading floors, Wall Street's biggest financial firms, and individual investors to get an edge on the market. And research shows that skilled technical traders can bank gains as much as 90% of the time. Every week, I take an in-depth look at big names that are telling important technical stories. Here's this week's look at five high-volume stocks to trade this week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV