3 Sell-Rated Dividend Stocks: PWE, CBL, NAT
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 87.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $68.09 million to $8.84 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, CBL & ASSOCIATES PPTYS INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for CBL & ASSOCIATES PPTYS INC is rather low; currently it is at 23.37%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 3.08% significantly trails the industry average.
- The share price of CBL & ASSOCIATES PPTYS INC has not done very well: it is down 23.46% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- CBL & ASSOCIATES PPTYS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CBL & ASSOCIATES PPTYS INC reported lower earnings of $0.27 versus $0.59 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.79 versus $0.27).
- You can view the full CBL & Associates Properties Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV