First Majestic Silver (AG) Marked As A Dead Cat Bounce Stock
- AG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $19.0 million.
- AG has traded 262,918 shares today.
- AG is up 3.1% today.
- AG was down 5.8% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AG: First Majestic Silver Corp. engages in the acquisition, development, and exploration of mineral properties with a focus on silver projects in Mexico. AG has a PE ratio of 22.1. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate First Majestic Silver a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for First Majestic Silver has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. First Majestic has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are up 26.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates First Majestic Silver as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 4.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 20.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- AG's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.12 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, AG has a quick ratio of 1.68, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for FIRST MAJESTIC SILVER CORP is rather high; currently it is at 53.10%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, AG's net profit margin of 21.22% compares favorably to the industry average.
- FIRST MAJESTIC SILVER CORP's earnings per share declined by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, FIRST MAJESTIC SILVER CORP reported lower earnings of $0.78 versus $0.98 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 34.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $24.87 million to $16.32 million.
- You can view the full First Majestic Silver Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts