The company said that it is in ongoing discussions regarding a possible sale, though it warned the talks may not result in a deal. Safeway postponed its annual investor conference scheduled for March because of the ongoing discussions.
Safeway reported fourth-quarter earnings on Wednesday of 53 cents a share; analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected earnings of 48 cents a share.
Must read: Safeway Considering Sale as Activists LoomSWY data by YCharts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV