New Lifetime High For Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO)
- TMO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $472.6 million.
- TMO has traded 4,823 shares today.
- TMO is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TMO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TMO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TMO: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. provides analytical instruments, equipment, reagents and consumables, software, and services for research, manufacture, analysis, discovery, and diagnostics. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.5%. TMO has a PE ratio of 35.4. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Thermo Fisher Scientific a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Thermo Fisher Scientific has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Thermo Fisher Scientific has a market cap of $44.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.01 and a short float of 0.9% with 0.70 days to cover. Shares are up 11.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Thermo Fisher Scientific as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, TMO's share price has jumped by 63.64%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, TMO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $728.50 million or 10.36% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 15.33%.
- THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC's earnings per share declined by 14.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.49 versus $3.44 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.80 versus $3.49).
- You can view the full Thermo Fisher Scientific Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.