Pennsylvania American Water announced today that applications are being accepted for its 2014 Environmental Grant Program. Grant awards are available to environmental, community and watershed organizations that are planning projects within the company’s service area, which covers nearly 400 communities across 36 counties. Applications will be evaluated on such criteria as environmental need, innovation, community engagement and sustainability.
Pennsylvania American Water is a subsidiary of American Water, which initiated the Environmental Grant Program in 2005 in Pennsylvania to support projects that protect and/or restore drinking water sources and surrounding watersheds.
“We are committed to environmental stewardship and protecting our water resources, and the Environmental Grant Program is a collaborative way to support community-based organizations that share this commitment,” said Kathy L. Pape, president, Pennsylvania American Water.
To qualify, proposed projects must:
- Address a source water or watershed protection need in the community
- Be completed between May 1, 2014 and November 30, 2014
- Offer a new or innovative program for the community, or serve as a significant expansion to an existing program
- Be carried out by formal or informal partnerships between two or more organizations
- Provide evidence of sustainability (continued existence after the Pennsylvania American Water grant monies are utilized)
- Be located within one of Pennsylvania American Water's service areas
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts