WHEELING, W.Va., Feb. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- WesBanco, Inc. (Nasdaq: WSBC) today announced that its Board of Directors had approved a 10% increase in the quarterly cash dividend to $0.22 per common share from the previous quarterly dividend of $0.20 per common share. The higher dividend rate will be payable on April 1, 2014 to shareholders of record on March 14, 2014. This is the seventh increase in the quarterly dividend rate over the past four years and represents a total 57.1% increase in WesBanco's dividend over that time frame.
The WesBanco Board of Directors approved this most recent cash dividend increase based in part on the Company's strong earnings achieved in 2013, as well as WesBanco's strong and improving capital and liquidity position. The new cash dividend represents an annualized cash dividend rate of $0.88 per common share. Based upon the present common stock price, the new dividend rate equates to a yield of approximately 3.3%.
WesBanco, Inc. is a multi-state bank holding company of $6.1 billion in total assets providing banking services through 120 locations and 105 ATMs in West Virginia, Ohio and Pennsylvania. WesBanco's banking subsidiary is WesBanco Bank, Inc., headquartered in Wheeling, West Virginia. WesBanco also operates an insurance brokerage company, WesBanco Insurance Services, Inc., and a full service broker/dealer, WesBanco Securities, Inc.SOURCE WesBanco, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV