Staples Foundation, the private charitable arm of Staples, Inc., today announced it awarded more than $2.5 million in grants to non-profit organizations internationally based on recommendations from Staples associates.
The 2013 grants went to more than 1,000 organizations and are part of a philanthropic initiative created by Staples Foundation, called 2 Million & Change. The initiative allows Staples associates around the world to direct funding to non-profit organizations focused on education or job skills. More than 7,000 associates participated in directing donations to their organization of choice.
In the U.S., the program encourages community engagement by awarding larger grants to organizations where associates are engaged in volunteering or fundraising – up to $25,000 per organization.
In 2013, U.S. grants were awarded to 975 local non-profit organizations in 49 states, including the following organizations:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America (multiple local Clubs), $387,000
- John Andrew Mazie Foundation, Mass., $25,000
- Read to a Child, Mass., $25,000
- Cradles to Crayons, Mass., $20,000
- Junior Achievement Rocky Mountain, Colo., $15,000
- Erica Rae’s Kids, Colo., $10,000
- Horizons for Homeless Children, Mass., $10,000
- Special Olympics Massachusetts, Mass., $10,000
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV