KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa., Feb. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- You can tell a lot about a company and its employees by the way they give back to the community. CSL Behring, its subsidiary, CSL Plasma and their employees do just that, year-round, supporting a wide range of organizations that provide services to people in need.
The annual United Way campaign is the company's single largest charitable initiative. Together, CSL Behring, CSL Plasma and their employees raised more than $700,000 for United Way in 2013:
- CSL Behring, King of Prussia, PA: $180,396 to United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey
- CSL Plasma, Boca Raton, Fla.: $370,588 to various United Way chapters
- CSL Behring, Kankakee, Ill.: $162,000 to United Way of Kankakee County
"Our employees give back to their communities by contributing their time and talent as well as their financial support to a number of charitable organizations throughout the year," said Karen Etchberger, CSL Behring's Executive Vice President, Quality & Business Services. "They are the heart and soul of our business and our corporate culture of giving. We're proud of the ways in which they get involved and show they care."
Denim/Jeans Days an employee favoriteA full slate of charitable programs is well underway this year. Employees in CSL Behring's King of Prussia, Pa. location are currently in the midst of a Denim Days fundraising event that benefits the Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation. The foundation serves youngsters in Philadelphia, Pa. and Camden, N.J. In fact, employees in other CSL Behring locations participate in Denim/Jeans Days throughout the year. By contributing to a designated charity, employees can wear jeans to work on Fridays.Meanwhile, CSL Behring employees in Kankakee, Ill. wrapped up a fundraiser in January that benefitted Gigi's Playhouse, a Down syndrome family support center. Not to be outdone, employees at CSL Plasma, which has locations in Boca Raton, Fla., Knoxville, Tenn., Indianapolis, Ind., Mesquite, Texas, and plasma collection centers throughout the United States, are busy supporting organizations such as Big Brothers Big Sisters. Hands-on effortsEmployees also take part in hands-on initiatives. In King of Prussia (KOP), they rolled up their sleeves last spring and helped pack 60,000 meals for needy people in the Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey region though the United2Feed program. During the 2013 holiday season, KOP employees achieved a 61% increase over the 2012 holiday season in toy donations to Toys for Tots. CSL Plasma employees serve food at local community centers, stock city food pantries, hand out warm coats at area coat drives, and collect school supplies and back packs for school children. They also support the work of groups including the Juvenile Diabetes Research, Alzheimer's, Susan G Komen Breast Cancer, and Leukemia and Lymphoma foundations, Wounded Warrior Project, Salvation Army and March of Dimes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV