DELAFIELD, Wis. (Stockpickr) -- These three biotech stocks are within range of triggering breakout trades.
Amarin (AMRN) a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development and commercialization therapeutic products for the treatment for cardiovascular diseases. This stock closed up 2.7% to $1.88 in Wednesday's trading session.
Wednesday's Range: $1.81-$1.94
52-Week Range: $1.36-$8.77
Thursday's Volume: 4.66 million
Three-Month Average Volume: 6.07 million
From a technical perspective, AMRN jumped modestly higher here back above its 50-day moving average of $1.86 with lighter-than-average volume. This move is starting to push shares of AMRN within range of triggering a big breakout trade. That trade will hit if AMRN manages to take out Wednesday's high of $1.94 to some more near-term overhead resistance at $1.97 with high volume.
Traders should now look for long-biased trades in AMRN as long as it's trending above Wednesday's low of $1.81 or above more near-term support at $1.72 and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 6.07 million shares. If that breakout materializes soon, then AMRN will set up to re-fill some of its previous gap-down-day zone from January that stared just below $2.50.To see more stocks that are making notable moves higher, check out the Stocks Under $10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Delafield, Wis.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV