FREDERIKSTED, U.S. Virgin Islands, Feb. 20, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Altisource Residential Corporation ("Residential" or the "Company") (NYSE:RESI) announced today financial and operating results for the fourth quarter and full year of 2013. The Company's net income for the fourth quarter of 2013 totaled $21.6 million, or $0.50 per diluted share. 1 Net income for the 2013 full year was $39.6 million, or $1.61 per diluted share. 2 Taxable income for the 2013 full year was $17.7 million.
The Company also announced today that its Board of Directors has declared a special cash dividend of $0.08 per share of common stock, or an aggregate of $4.5 million based on shares outstanding. This dividend is intended to satisfy its requirement as a REIT to distribute at least 90% of its annual REIT taxable income to its stockholders for the year ended December 31, 2013. The Company will pay this dividend on March 10, 2014 to all stockholders of record as of the close of business on March 3, 2014.
Fourth quarter 2013 highlights:
- Agreed to acquire three portfolios of non-performing residential mortgage loans ("NPLs") with an aggregate market value of underlying properties of $1.7 billion, representing a 170% increase in underlying property value from the end of the third quarter. Completed purchase of $530 million of these NPLs in December 2013.
- Resolved 288 loans in the fourth quarter versus 118 loans in the third quarter representing a 144% increase.
- Increased the maximum aggregate funding available under our repurchase agreements by an additional $325 million to a total of $750 million.
- Declared and paid a dividend of $0.25 per share.
- Agreed to acquire an aggregate of approximately 13,500 non-performing loans with $2.7 billion in underlying property value.
- Raised $659 million in equity capital at accretive prices.
- Generated cash flow of $22.6 million,³ $4.9 million in excess of its taxable income of $17.7 million.
- Declared and paid $0.35 per share in dividends.
- Raised $468 million in equity capital at accretive prices.
- Completed purchase of $890 million of NPLs pursuant to fourth quarter agreements.
- Declared a special dividend of $0.08 per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV