Garmin International Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN), the global leader in satellite navigation, today announced an updated version of the Garmin Pilot application for the iPad and iPhone featuring synthetic vision as an option for premium subscribers. 3D Vision incorporates GPS-derived airspeed, altitude, and vertical speed overlaid on rich 3D topographic landscape. 3D Vision is transformed when optionally paired with the GDL 39 3D, which superimposes back-up aircraft attitude information overtop the Garmin SVX display.
The synthetic vision display within Garmin Pilot as it appears when used in conjunction with a GDL 39 3D. (Photo: Business Wire)
“With the addition of synthetic vision, Garmin Pilot takes a big step forward by offering pilots great situational awareness in all weather conditions, day or night,” said Carl Wolf, Garmin’s vice president of aviation sales and marketing. “When combined with the GDL 39 3D, attitude information as well as ADS-B traffic and weather are all conveniently accessible within one application, further demonstrating our commitment to bringing safety enhancements to all pilots.”
Garmin Pilot incorporates sophisticated graphics modeling to create a virtual topographic landscape. Instead of a blue-over-brown display, pilots will see an in-depth perspective view of realistic terrain features rising into the sky. Garmin Pilot conveniently displays a clear 3D depiction of ground and water features, as well as obstacles, traffic, and the runway environment. Adding to situational awareness, GPS-derived airspeed, altitude, and vertical speed are superimposed. Offering course information when an active flight plan is present, a horizontal situation indicator (HSI) is also overlaid on the 3D display. Additionally, estimated time enroute (ETE), distance information, and the active leg of a flight plan are conveniently displayed just below the HSI.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV