CC Media Holdings, Inc. (OTCBB:CCMO) today reported financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2013.
“With our unmatched reach and unparalleled assets, we outperformed the radio market and capitalized on the growing out-of-the-home consumer trend in 2013,” Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Bob Pittman said. “Clear Channel continued to create new businesses based on the strength of our core assets and to provide customized multi-platform market solutions to advertising partners that nobody else can. At Media+Entertainment, we further expanded our events business – reaching nearly 4 billion social impressions with December’s Jingle Ball national tour, following up on September’s iHeartRadio Music Festival’s 2.3 billion social impressions. We also partnered with The CW Network to air 7 shows on broadcast TV, reaching over 50 million TV viewers. Our results at Outdoor reflected our sharp focus on rolling out new digital products in the U.S. and internationally, and on taking advantage of fast-growing emerging markets in Latin America and Asia. As America’s leading multi-platform media company as measured by reach, we look forward to continuing to serve advertisers and consumers even better in 2014.”
“We succeeded this year in delivering a steady financial performance while investing for future growth across the company, despite challenging economic conditions,” said Rich Bressler, President and Chief Financial Officer. “We hired top-caliber leaders at both Media+Entertainment and Outdoor, while executing on our revenue and efficiency initiatives that are building a strong foundation for our long-term success. Importantly, our capital markets activities over the past months – including extending our maturities and selling non-core assets, like our stake in radio assets in Australia/New Zealand – have given us the financial flexibly to continue to grow our businesses.”
Full Year 2013 ResultsConsolidated revenues decreased less than 1% to $6.24 billion for the full year 2013 compared to $6.25 billion in 2012. Excluding political advertising, revenue was up 2% 1. Growth at Media+Entertainment and Americas outdoor was offset by declines at International outdoor, as well as our media representation business for which political revenues decreased $40 million compared to 2012, a presidential election year.
- Media+Entertainment revenues grew $47 million, or 2% (up 4%, excluding political 1), compared to 2012, driven primarily by stronger national and digital advertising, as well as promotional and event sponsorship with the expansion of the Jingle Ball tour, iHeartRadio Music Festival and album release events, partially offset by the decline in political advertising spend.
- Americas outdoor revenues rose $11 million, or 1%, on a reported basis compared to 2012. New contracts drove higher occupancy and rates in traditional bulletins and posters, while higher revenues in digital displays were due to higher occupancy and capacity. Partially offsetting the growth of digital was the absence of revenue from the 77 digital boards in Los Angeles that were turned off due to a court ruling.
- International outdoor revenues increased $3 million, or less than 1%, after adjusting for divestitures during the third quarter of 2012 ($20 million revenue reduction) and a $5 million increase from movements in foreign exchange rates. Revenue growth in emerging markets, including China and Brazil, as well as strong performance in the UK, were offset in part by declines in developed markets, some of which faced challenging economic conditions, such as France. On a reported basis, revenues decreased $12 million, or 1%, compared to 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV