- Ericsson 'must-see' demos at Mobile World Congress 2014 give glimpse of the future, including what's new in 5G
- Speeds of 450Mbps, world firsts in LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation and Coordinated Radio Access Network, Digital Signage enabled by LTE Broadcast and the world's smallest LTE Advanced modem
- See Global Network Operations Center and next-generation Live TV in action in Ericsson Experience in Hall 2
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Feb. 20, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- As telecom's most important event, Mobile World Congress is also the best opportunity to experience the latest in future-shaping demos from industry leader Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC). With lightning-fast mobile broadband, world firsts in LTE Advanced Carrier Aggregation and Coordinated Radio Access Network, a Global Network Operations Center with live data from real networks, the latest in LTE Broadcast and Digital Signage, and a first look at Ericsson's thin modem offering, these are the demos not to be missed.
Mobile World Congress starts on Monday in Fira Gran Via, Barcelona, Spain, and will run until February 27. Ericsson is at Stand 2S60 in Hall 2.
ERICSSON RESEARCHFor a sneak peek at what the future holds, take a look at the "What's Next" area with the latest from Ericsson Research. The concept of a holistic 5G system solution and evolved mobile broadband cases such as extreme mobile broadband for local access and higher service level "everywhere" will be on show. This will include new types of usage, mainly machine-type communication. A hands-on experience demo will give users a feel for what the Networked Society will make possible. The Future City Coordination Center visualizes public safety programs of the future. It includes a simulation of a coordination center handling a fire at an oil refinery, environmental public health monitoring, water leaks, root-cause analyzes and monitoring of water pollution. One of the showpieces in the Ericsson Hall is a complete Global Network Operations Center. Eight LCD displays forming a 7m by 2m video wall will be used to display live feeds from our centers in Romania, India and Mexico. Using best-in-class tools and dashboards, Ericsson's GNOCs provide customer-centric managed operations by monitoring not only operations and technology but also service and customer experience-related KPIs. Local network operations centers provide similar services to customers in the transport and utilities industries, and there will also be live feeds from these centers. Other highlights include:
- Managed M2M for enterprises and operators, with walkthroughs of real M2M processes featuring cargo shipping, smart grids and smart metering operations.
- Managed Rural Coverage, providing coverage as a service for rural areas.
- Ericsson Device Care, an Ericsson Device and Application Verification service that enables operators to remotely view, control, configure and perform real-time diagnostics on mobile devices and applications.
- Spectrum Refarming 2.0, a turnkey service that allows an existing GSM/UMTS network to use less spectrum without jeopardizing quality, freeing up this expensive resource for more carriers or new technologies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV