WATSONVILLE, Calif., Feb. 20, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- West Marine, Inc. (Nasdaq:WMAR) announced that it has delayed the distribution of its 2013 fourth quarter and fiscal year earnings release, as well as the related conference call and webcast previously scheduled to take place later today while working through a few final audit items. The Company does not anticipate that these items will have a material impact on the financial statements.
West Marine will issue a subsequent press release announcing the timing for release of its 2013 financial results and setting a new conference call date and time as soon as practicable.
ABOUT WEST MARINEWest Marine, Inc. is the largest specialty waterlife outfitter in the United States, with 287 stores located in 38 states, Puerto Rico and Canada. Founded in 1968 by a sailor, West Marine has grown to become the leading omni-channel retailer for boaters – from power cruisers and sailors to anglers and paddle sports enthusiasts – and offers gear, apparel and footwear for anyone who enjoys recreational time on or around the water. The company's wholesale channel is one of the largest distributors of marine equipment serving boat manufacturers, marine services, commercial vessel operators and government agencies. For more information on West Marine, Inc. its products and store locations, visit westmarine.com or call 1-800-BOATING (1-800-262-8464). West Marine's stock is traded on NASDAQ under the symbol WMAR.
CONTACT: West Marine, Inc. Tom Moran, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer (831) 761-4229
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV