- Announces integration of first three global content delivery network (CDN) partners into the Ericsson Media Delivery Network solution
- Limelight Networks, CDNetworks and ChinaCache partnerships will facilitate operators' ability to deliver more content to subscribers
- Partnership program opens up new revenue streams for both operators and content providers
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Feb. 20, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ericsson's (NASDAQ:ERIC) latest Mobility Report indicates that networks are suffering from increased strain as video becomes an ever-more dominating force in network traffic, with an expected growth of 55% each year to 2019. This growth impacts network profitability requiring costly infrastructure investments. Ericsson's Media Network Delivery solution revolutionizes content delivery, uniting caching, optimization, and acceleration of content within operator networks.
Now, Ericsson is addressing the need to integrate operators with the entire content value chain, by establishing a partnership program for global CDNs, essentially creating a plug-in ecosystem for operators. Limelight Networks, CDNetworks and ChinaCache are the first to announce they will integrate their systems with the Ericsson content delivery solution.
These global CDN partnerships will enable operators to improve the efficiency of high quality content delivery by creating a multi service system that extends the global CDN deep into the operator's network. Content providers will benefit from a seamless delivery mechanism for reaching audiences on both a local and global level, opening up new revenue streams.Ove Anebygd, Vice President and Head of Solution Area Media, Ericsson, said: "Today's CDNs must be able to deliver all types of content in an ultra-efficient way in order to cope with the pressures of the TV Anywhere era. The convergence of global CDNs with operator networks propels content delivery forward to a new level of effectiveness, and enables the media industry to optimize broadcast potential with the continued explosion of available video content. We have created these partnerships to help operators and content providers to forge even stronger links so that they can continue to deliver the right services to the right audiences at the right time."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV