AMSTERDAM, Feb. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Constellium N.V. (NYSE and NYSE Euronext: CSTM) today announced the launch of new aluminium high-strength Crash Management Systems (CMS) technology designed for the front and the rear of a vehicle for enhanced structural protection in the event of a collision. Constellium's innovative technology enables the production of aluminium CMS that are 15 percent lighter and 10 percent stronger than the current aluminium CMS on the market.
"As a leading supplier of automotive Crash Management Systems with both engineering and manufacturing capabilities in Europe, China, and the United States, Constellium is continuously developing innovative technologies and products to further increase the use of aluminium extrusions in the automotive market, " said Paul Warton, President of Constellium's Automotive Structures and Industry business unit. "We believe that Constellium's technology combined with advanced design and manufacturing capabilities will result in higher performance and cost efficiency, thus opening new possibilities to expand the use of full-aluminium CMS in the mass-market car segment ."
Automotive sector analysts expect the use of aluminium CMS to increase in the next five years, particularly in European premium cars. By 2018, aluminium CMS are projected to capture about 30 percent of total European automotive market share. In the United States, aluminium CMS are expected to account for nearly 20 percent market share by 2018. Combined aluminium CMS production for China, Europe and North America is expected to reach more than 28 million units by 2018.Constellium's new-generation CMS combine the properties of the 6xxx aluminium alloy family – formability, corrosion resistance, energy absorption, recyclability – with high-strength mechanical performance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV