NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- If you live in New Jersey, you likely have seen Della Crews at her day job -- hosting a talk show and anchoring the news. Did you know she is also a mother of two? TheStreet's Cherella Cox shares a few minutes with Crews as TheStreet continues to look at influential women during Black History month.
When asked about her all-time historical favorite, the News 12 New Jersey anchor and talk show host says she was inspired by the fictional character Jane Pittman. Today, many people may be inspired by them both.
The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman is a 1971 novel by Ernest J. Gaines that was made into a television movie in 1974. An Emmy-winning portrayal of Pittman by Cicely Tyson will not soon be forgotten. Younger generations may need to go to Netflix (NFLX) to see it and learn how far America has come in terms of its ugly past.
Crews and Cox also discuss the New Jersey-New York rivalry and how to balance having a family and a career.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV