Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. (NYSE: ETP) today reported its financial results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2013.
Adjusted EBITDA for Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. (“ETP”) for the three months ended December 31, 2013 totaled $986 million, an increase of $38 million over the same period last year. Distributable Cash Flow attributable to the partners of ETP for the three months ended December 31, 2013 totaled $530 million, an increase of $284 million over the same period last year. Loss from continuing operations for the three months ended December 31, 2013 was $462 million, a decrease of $796 million compared to the same period last year, including the impact of a non-cash goodwill impairment, as discussed below.
The increases in Adjusted EBITDA and Distributable Cash Flow were primarily due to recent strategic transactions and organic growth. ETP has placed more than $1.20 billion in growth projects into service over the last twelve months that are now generating strong and consistent earnings and cash flow.
The decrease in income from continuing operations between periods was primarily due to the recognition of a goodwill impairment of $689 million during the fourth quarter of 2013 related to Trunkline LNG Company, LLC (“Trunkline LNG”).ETP’s key accomplishments during or subsequent to the quarter include the following:
- In October, ETP and Energy Transfer Equity, L.P. (“ETE”) exchanged 50.2 million ETP Common Units, owned by ETE, for new Class H Units issued by ETP that track 50.05% of the underlying economics of the general partner interest and incentive distribution rights of Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. (“Sunoco Logistics”).
- In November, ETP and Regency Energy Partners LP (“Regency”) announced that Lone Star NGL LLC (“Lone Star”), a joint venture between ETP and Regency, has placed in service a second natural gas liquids fractionator at its facility in Mont Belvieu, Texas, bringing Lone Star’s total fractionation capacity at Mont Belvieu to 200,000 barrels per day.
- In November, ETP amended its credit facility to extend the maturity until October 2017.
- In December, Trunkline LNG Export, LLC, an entity owned jointly by ETP and ETE, filed Draft Resource Report No. 13 with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission for the Lake Charles LNG export project. The report, which details engineering and design aspects of the LNG project, is a major milestone toward the formal application for authorization of the LNG project.
- In January, ETP’s Board of Directors approved a second consecutive increase in its quarterly distribution to $0.92 per unit ($3.68 annualized) on ETP Common Units for the quarter ended December 31, 2013, representing an increase of $0.06 per Common Unit on an annualized basis compared to the quarter ended September 30, 2013 and an increase of $0.105 per Common Unit on an annualized basis compared to the quarter ended December 31, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV