NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Of all the analysts I know and/or have come across on Wall Street, Richard Tullo from Albert Fried is among my favorite.
I made an honest effort, the work was good but I have been wrong on this stock ...
Analysis, BTW, that could very well play itself out in 2014 and/or beyond. Though, even I'll admit, that's looking less and less likely each day.
Here's a screen grab of Tullo's overall record just to show that there's more to this guy than the NFLX story (Note: He had been bullish Pandora (P) through the $20's):Anyway, I like Tullo because he's smart, pulls no punches and says things others are afraid to say. Along those lines, I felt compelled to print the contents (with permission) of an email Tullo sent me Wednesday afternoon with his thoughts on net neutrality. It's not cool to go against Reed Hastings on this. Hastings takes what we immediately perceive as the pro-consumer (and, of course, pro-Netflix) position, but, in this correspondence, Tullo, as entertaining as ever, makes several sane, logical and valid points to consider. Tullo asked that I note, in full disclosure, that he's personally short 1,000 shares of NFLX, however, to reiterate, he no longer covers the stock for his firm. Here's his take on net neutrality on Page Two ...
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV