- The Bank's net income totaled Ps.953.4 million in 4Q13. This result was 67% higher than the Ps.571.9 million reported in the third quarter of 2013 ("3Q13") and 124% higher than the Ps.425.8 million posted in the fourth quarter of 2012 ("4Q12"). In 4Q13, the accumulated return on average equity ("ROAE") and the accumulated return on average assets ("ROAA") were 33.3% and 4.6%, respectively.
- In 4Q13, Banco Macro's financing to the private sector grew 7% or Ps.2.4 billion quarter over quarter ("QoQ") totaling Ps.39.5 billion. Commercial loans showed better performance than consumer loans. Among commercial loans, pledge and mortgages loans (mainly productive investments loans with mortgage and pledge guarantees respectively, according to Communication "A" 5319, "A" 5380 and "A" 5449 of BCRA) , grew 22% and 20% QoQ, respectively. Credit cards and personal loans rose 19% and 7% QoQ, respectively.
- In 4Q13, Banco Macro's total deposits grew 4% QoQ, totaling Ps.43.4 billion and representing 86% of the Bank's total liabilities. Private sector deposits grew 9% QoQ.
- Banco Macro continued showing a strong solvency ratio, with excess capital of Ps.4.2 billion (25.3% capitalization ratio). In addition, the Bank's liquid assets remained at an adequate level, reaching 33.3% of its total deposits in 4Q13.
- In 4Q13, the Bank's non-performing to total financing ratio was 1.7% and the coverage ratio reached 149.06%.
Banco Macro Announces Results For The Fourth Quarter Of 2013
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts