After the bell, shares have added 7.5% to $18.60.
The security software developer posted per-share earnings of 52 cents for the three months to December. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had expected earnings of 41 cents a share.
Revenue of $101.9 million was 7% higher than a year earlier and beat consensus of $95.22 million.Over fiscal 2013, the company generated net income of $2.16 a share, 11 cents higher than analyst consensus, and revenue 14% higher to $407.1 million. Analysts had predicted total sales of $400.35 million. "2013 was a year of strong growth and transformation for AVG," said CEO Gary Kovacs in a statement. "We enter 2014 with a renewed vision and strategic direction that we believe will position AVG as the online security company, providing software and services to protect devices, data, and people." Also See: Tesla Surges on Q4 Beat TheStreet Ratings team rates AVG TECHNOLOGIES NV as a Hold with a ratings score of C. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate AVG TECHNOLOGIES NV (AVG) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, generally higher debt management risk and weak operating cash flow."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: AVG Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV