NASSAU, The Bahamas, Feb. 19, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Steiner Leisure Limited (Nasdaq:STNR) today announced financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2013.
Steiner Leisure's revenues for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2013 increased 4.7% to $221.0 million from $211.1 million during the comparable quarter in 2012. Net income for the fourth quarter of 2013 was $13.0 million compared with $11.8 million for the same quarter in 2012.
Earnings per share for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2013 was $0.88 per share compared with $0.81 per share for the comparable quarter of 2012. The earnings per share data are presented on a diluted basis.Revenues for the year ended December 31, 2013 increased 5.4% to $855.5 million from $811.5 million in 2012. Net income for the year ended December 31, 2013 was $49.4 million compared with $53.1 million in 2012. Earnings per share for the year ended December 31, 2013 was $3.34 per share, compared with $3.53 per share in 2012. The above earnings per share data are presented on a diluted basis. Steiner Leisure Limited is a worldwide provider and innovator in the fields of beauty, wellness and education. We are dedicated to maintaining the highest quality standards and continually evolving to include and anticipate new developments within our industry. We aim to maintain and expand our existing diverse portfolio of services, products and brands, as well as to seek out new opportunities to complement our business. Our services include traditional and alternative massage, body and skin treatment options, fitness, acupuncture, herbal medicine, medi-spa treatments and laser hair removal. We are committed to providing our customers with a wide-ranging assortment of beauty products, including premium quality options developed by us under our own brands, as well as those purchased from third parties.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV