- For the quarter, revenue increased 9% to $1.8 billion.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 46% to $114 million, excluding certain items.
- Diluted earnings per share were $0.15, excluding certain items, on a GAAP net loss of $28 million.
- Full-year diluted earnings per share were $2.20, excluding certain items, on GAAP net income of $16 million.
- Free Cash Flow exceeds $400 million.
- Company issues estimates of its full-year 2014 results.
PARSIPPANY, N.J., Feb. 19, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avis Budget Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:CAR) today reported results for its fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2013. For the quarter, the Company reported revenue of $1.8 billion, a 9% increase compared with the prior-year fourth quarter. Excluding certain items, Adjusted EBITDA increased 46% to $114 million, net income increased to $17 million, and diluted earnings per share increased to $0.15. The Company reported a GAAP net loss of $28 million in the traditionally slower fourth quarter primarily due to restructuring costs incurred in Europe and debt-extinguishment expenses.
For the year, the Company reported revenue of $7.9 billion, an increase of 8% compared with 2012. Excluding certain items, Adjusted EBITDA decreased 8% to $769 million, the second-highest total in the Company's history, and net income was $256 million, or $2.20 per diluted share. The Company reported GAAP net income of $16 million.
"We had a strong year as we continued to realize the benefits of our long-term strategic plan. Our initiatives to accelerate growth in higher-profit customer segments and channels drove both strong volume and positive pricing. We also made a number of investments that not only expanded our global footprint, but also positioned us to benefit from faster-growing markets, highlighted by our acquisition of Zipcar," said Ronald L. Nelson, Avis Budget Group Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "We capped the year by delivering a 46% increase in Adjusted EBITDA in the fourth quarter, reflecting strong revenue growth and margin expansion, while continuing to return cash to shareholders through share repurchases."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts