Jack in the Box Inc. (NASDAQ: JACK) today reported earnings from continuing operations of $33.0 million, or $0.75 per diluted share, for the first quarter ended January 19, 2014, compared with earnings from continuing operations of $26.1 million, or $0.59 per diluted share, for the first quarter of fiscal 2013.
Operating earnings per share, a non-GAAP measure which the company defines as diluted earnings per share from continuing operations on a GAAP basis excluding restructuring charges and gains from refranchising, were $0.75 in the first quarter of fiscal 2014 compared with $0.59 in the prior year quarter.
A reconciliation of non-GAAP measurements to GAAP results is provided below, with additional information included in the attachment to this release. Figures may not add due to rounding.
|16 Weeks Ended|
|January 19,2014||January 20,2013|
|Diluted earnings per share fromcontinuing operations – GAAP||$||0.75||$||0.59|
|Gains from refranchising||(0.01||)||(0.01||)|
|Operating earnings per share – non-GAAP||$||0.75||$||0.59|
Lenny Comma, chairman and chief executive officer, said, “We had a great first quarter, with a 27 percent increase in operating earnings per share resulting from solid same-store sales growth at both Jack in the Box® and Qdoba Mexican Grill®, margin expansion and lower overhead.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV