- Trust is a must – Hire the right people for the job. Use interviews to ensure prospects have the right experience and training for the position. Ask the right questions to help determine the prospective employee is someone who can be relied upon.
- Identify roles and responsibilities – Define the roles and responsibilities for each employee, position and job function. If an injury occurs, proper documentation can help to expedite the process of helping the employee recover and return to work.
- Lead by example – Safety practices should be employed at the highest level and supervisors should serve as an example of safe behavior. When supervisors recognize safety issues, they should immediately take steps to address them.
- Encourage employee feedback – Encourage employees at all levels to get involved with safety. They are often aware of the safety problems in the workplace and can offer insight as to how to improve the work environment.
- Understand the tools and the work – To help avoid the most frequent workplace injuries, it is important to properly onboard and orient new employees as well as regularly review workstations, tools, machines and duties of the job to fit the task to the worker. To help safeguard each employee, provide proper personal protective equipment and actively manage its use.
- Recognize and remedy – Recognizing the safety issue, knowing who to contact, documenting the injury, and remedying the safety hazard are all steps that help to maintain a safe workplace. Take advantage of resources such as Travelers.com/riskcontrol for videos and checklists on mitigating risk.
Travelers Identifies The Four Most Common On-The-Job Injuries In 2013 Among Texas Workers
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.