NEW YORK (TheStreet) --Marijuana can cost as much as $500 an ounce, but the bargain hunting cannabis consumer can find a deal if they search. Once upon time, a pothead could buy a "dime" bag, which got the name because an ounce was $10. Of course this was back in the seventies and the price has gone up considerably since those days and a dime bag now refers to ten dollars of product. Marijuana is no longer a back alley deal in some states like Colorado - it's gone main stream. The prices are publicized and the market is transparent. This transparency has created good old fashioned competition for smokers' dollars and with that comes coupons. Who doesn't love a discount? These websites offer deals that even a dealer couldn't offer and borrow heavily from successful retail sites like Groupon (GRPN) and Yelp (YELP).
Canna-saver is all about the deals and saving. Coupons are featured right on the home page with featured coupons on one side and then deals by store on the other. One coupon offers a free joint just for checking out the store. Starbucks doesn't even offer that. Some deals have an expiration time, so customers will want to check back for the latest. This site gets the seal of approval from classic cannabis comic Tommy Chong of Cheech & Chong fame. If his cartoon image doesn't sway you, then you aren't a real smoker.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV