NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The S&P 500 is flat, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average is higher and the Nasdaq is lower on Wednesday.
In international markets, the FTSE 100 is lower by 0.25% and the DAX is off 0.15%. The Nikkei gave back some of yesterday's gains, closing lower by 0.52%. TheStreet's Jonathan Marino has this morning's big headlines.
Shares of Potbelly (PBPB) are getting smoked, down 10%, after the company reported lower-than-expected revenue, Marino said.
The company only grew comparable store sales 0.7% and guidance was slightly lower than investors had expected. The stock is now down more than 25% in the past three months.On the other side of the table, Panera Bread (PNRA) is up more than 3% after beating earnings estimates, he said. This is despite the lower-than-expected earnings guidance for both next quarter and fiscal 2014. Finally, TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, said he is buying shares of Yum Brands (YUM). The stock has recently pulled back 6% from its highs, and is down 3% for 2014. But Cramer says he is bullish on the company's 2014 outlook and about its anticipated growth in China. Tesla Motors (TSLA) and Safeway (SWY) both report after the close Wednesday. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV