By midmorning, shares had gained 10.5% to $20.61. Trading volume of 3.8 million had nearly exceeded its three-month daily average of 4.2 million.
The Bermuda-based drilling contractor recorded net income of 42 cents a share and revenue of $1.61 billion.
Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had anticipated net income of 20 cents a share and revenue of $1.54 billion.Must Read: Nabors Industries (NBR) Reports Fourth Quarter TheStreet Ratings team rates NABORS INDUSTRIES LTD as a Hold with a ratings score of C+. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate NABORS INDUSTRIES LTD (NBR) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: NBR Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV