DES PLAINES, Ill., Feb. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- UOP LLC, a Honeywell (NYSE: HON) company, announced that Ningbo Fortune Petrochemical Co. Ltd., a Chinese petrochemical producer, has selected UOP's C 3 Oleflex process technology to convert propane to propylene, a high value monomer used in plastics production.
This is the 18th license for UOP's Oleflex technology worldwide since the beginning of 2011 as petrochemical producers move to meet the growing, global demand for light olefins. This is a repeat technology selection and strong endorsement for UOP Oleflex technology by Ningbo Fortune's parent company Oriental Energy Co., Ltd. Oriental Energy is the primary investor in Zhangjiagang Yangzi River Petrochemical Co., Ltd., which announced in 2012 that it will license C 3 Oleflex technology for a separate project at Zhangjiagang City, Jiangsu Province, China.
"Demand for propylene is expected to continue to be strong globally, especially in China," said Pete Piotrowski, senior vice president and general manager of UOP's Process Technology and Equipment business unit. "UOP is helping meet high demand with this proven technology and has licensed Oleflex to 12 Chinese propylene producers."
Ningbo Fortune will install the technology at its facility in Ningbo City, China. Production is expected to begin in 2016, with a licensed capacity of 600,000 metric tons of propylene per year. In addition to technology, UOP will provide training, technological services, catalysts, adsorbents and equipment for the project.Ningbo Fortune selected Oleflex for its stable catalytic performance and high product yields. Compared with competing processes, UOP's C 3 Oleflex technology has the smallest environmental footprint, lowest cash cost of production and highest return on investment. Ningbo Fortune Petrochemical Co., Ltd., located in Ningbo Daxie Development Park, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Oriental Energy Co., Ltd.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV