By early morning, shares had added 3.2% to $15.66, with trading volume of 6.5 million more than half its three-month daily average of 10.6 million.
In the three months to December, the company recorded a net loss of 48 cents a share. Revenue increased 36.4% from the year earlier to $960.7 million. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had expected total sales of $1.06 billion.
"Lower revenue in the Semiconductor Materials segment was due to lower volumes and continued pricing pressures, influenced primarily by industry-related weakness," said the company in a statement.On Tuesday, Sunedison shares were soaring after the company announced it had confidentially filed an S-1 to publicly issue shares of an anticipated solar project. Shares closed 6.8% higher on the news. The Missouri-based business will provide its first-quarter and full-year outlook at its Capital Markets Day on Feb. 25. Must Read: SunEdison Announces Confidential Submission Of Draft Registration Statement By Yieldco Vehicle Must Read: SunEdison Soars on IPO Announcement TheStreet Ratings team rates SUNEDISON INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C-. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate SUNEDISON INC (SUNE) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, generally higher debt management risk and weak operating cash flow."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SUNE Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV