The investment firm reiterated an "outperform" rating, but cut its target price to $46 from $48.
In the three months to December, Coca-Cola reported revenue of $11.04 billion, 3.6% lower than a year earlier and below consensus of $11.31 billion according to analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters.
"4Q13 top-line results, while still better than peers, nevertheless show just how tough the operating environment for soft drinks companies currently is," wrote analyst Michael Steib in a report. "Going forward, the company is guiding to an operating profit headwind from currencies of -7% which is below our current estimate. This will likely bring EPS consensus estimates down by about 3%."Credit Suisse guides 2014 earnings of $2.12 a share, 2 cents lower than average analyst estimates. "The US business model is starting to evolve. While details are still unclear, KO announced that they remain committed to the franchise model in the US and plan to move to the implementation phase of its refranchising plans during 2014 with further announcements to follow "imminently". Our EPS estimates do not include the positive effect from any refranchising announcements in 2014," wrote Steib. Must Read: Ignore the Activist Investors: Pepsi Still Satisfies Must Read: Stephanie Link: The Case for Coke TheStreet Ratings team rates COCA-COLA CO as a Buy with a ratings score of B. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate COCA-COLA CO (KO) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: KO Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV