BATTLE CREEK, Mich., Feb. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Ted Ligety, U.S. Olympic alpine skier and member of Team Kellogg's, took the gold medal today in the men's giant slalom. Ligety finished with a time of 2:45.29, becoming the first U.S. male to win a gold medal in the event.
"It's so awesome to once again be representing my country on the podium," said Ligety. "As an athlete, I know how important breakfast is to helping me reach my full potential, and I want to be able to provide those great starts to children in need as well."
Kellogg's® and Team Kellogg's Team Up for Great Starts Kellogg's believes everyone deserves a great start, and that begins with breakfast. However, one in five kids goes without breakfast every day. By supporting Team Kellogg's and their great starts, you can help provide 2 million breakfasts to kids in need through the "Give a Great Start" program.
- Each time a fan tags a Facebook or Twitter post with #greatstarts, Kellogg's will help provide breakfast to a child in need.
- Kellogg's has chronicled the inspirational beginnings of Team Kellogg's athletes in a series of moving "Start Story" videos that follow the athletes' journeys, which can be seen at Kelloggs.com/teamusa . For each view, like or share of the Start Stories, Kellogg's will help provide breakfast to a child in need.
Ligety's great start in his sport came early on, as he's always had a passion for skiing. As a young boy he called the mountain his "babysitter," because his parents would drop him off in the morning and he would ski all day until they picked him up later that afternoon. Since he started competing at the age of 10, working his way up from the Park City farm team, Ligety has pushed the boundaries of ski racing. Constantly striving for the top of the podium, Ligety drives himself to reach new goals, and that was evident during his 2012-2013 ski season when he became the first American to win three gold medals at a single world championship.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts