This Day On The Street
Continue to site
ADVERTISEMENT
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here

Online Travel Agency ICruise.com Solves Business Communications Challenges With 8x8’s Cloud-Based Unified Communications And Contact Center Solution

8x8, Inc. (NASDAQ: EGHT), a provider of cloud-based unified communications and collaboration solutions, today announced that iCruise.com, one of the largest cruise sellers in the U.S., has deployed 8x8 Virtual Office and Virtual Contact Center services in its corporate headquarters and 60+ remote locations, creating a scalable, secure and reliable unified communications platform with built in disaster recovery for its widely distributed organization.

Founded in 2004 and headquartered in Delray Beach, Florida, iCruise.com, a division of WMPH Vacations, sells cruises under various brand names and private label packages. The company serves 80,000 passengers a year and has the most downloaded mobile Cruise Finder app in the U.S. While most customers find the travel agency online, only 20% complete their bookings online; the other 80% call in to speak with an agent.

Following a rapid integration of the 8x8 Virtual Contact Center solution with its back-office CRM system through 8x8’s out-of-the-box integration framework, iCruise.com can now use incoming call data to differentiate its brands and present the answering cruise travel agent with an appropriate call-handling script. For example, if a customer calls in on a number designated for Hawaii Cruises, agents see a script on their screen prompting them to answer “Aloha, Hawaii Cruise Outlet, how may I help you?” 8x8’s real-time API also annotates the in-house CRM system with caller information, including location, phone number and the advertisement that generated the call, enabling brand differentiation and personalization of future customer experiences.

“8x8 has a combined voice and contact center solution that can do it all: provide inbound and outbound calling and call management, live agent chat, click-to-call, call recording and live routing options,” stated iCruise.com co-owner Don Walker. “It’s a one-stop shop for all our needs.”

“The ability to have both a cloud-based phone system and cloud contact center was the tipping point for us,” agreed co-owner Uf Tukel. “The other business VoIP providers we considered could only do one or the other. With 8x8, we didn’t have to compromise—we got everything we wanted.”

1 of 3

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Action Alerts PLUS

Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Quant Ratings

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
Stocks Under $10

David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
14-Days Free
Only $9.95
14-Days Free
Dividend Stock Advisor

David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Trifecta Stocks

Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutiny—quantitative, fundamental and technical analysis—to maximize profit potential and minimize risk.

Product Features:
  • Model Portfolio
  • Intra Day Trade alerts
  • Access to Quant Ratings
Options Profits

Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.

Product Features:
  • Actionable options commentary and news
  • Real-time trading community
SYM TRADE IT LAST %CHG

Markets

DOW 18,010.68 -115.44 -0.64%
S&P 500 2,107.39 -13.40 -0.63%
NASDAQ 5,070.0260 -27.95 -0.55%

Partners Compare Online Brokers

Free Reports

Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs