United States Steel Corporation (X) Down In Early Morning Trading
- X has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $164.8 million.
- X traded 55,282 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:08 AM.
- X is down 4.3% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in X with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for X NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on X: United States Steel Corporation produces and sells steel mill products in North America and Europe. The company operates in three segments: Flat-Rolled Products (Flat-Rolled), U. S. Steel Europe (USSE), and Tubular Products (Tubular). The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate United States Steel Corporation a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for United States Steel Corporation has been 7.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. United States has a market cap of $3.9 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. The stock has a beta of 1.96 and a short float of 19.8% with 4.43 days to cover. Shares are down 7.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates United States Steel Corporation as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid stock performance, considering both the consistency and magnitude of the price movement over time. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally higher debt management risk and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- X, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 4.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.8%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- UNITED STATES STEEL CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, UNITED STATES STEEL CORP reported poor results of -$14.27 versus -$0.97 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.67 versus -$14.27).
- The gross profit margin for UNITED STATES STEEL CORP is currently extremely low, coming in at 4.40%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -2.85% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$7.00 million or 103.95% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full United States Steel Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts