Five 'Hosers' From Across Canada Honoured with Hoses for Life
Local Champions Recognized for Braving the Polar Vortex to Keep Their Community On-Ice
TORONTO, Feb. 19, 2014 /CNW/ - Canadian Tire is celebrating the time honoured Canadian tradition of backyard rink building, naming Jody Pace ( Halifax, NS), Justin Lachapelle ( St. Lazare, QC), Russell Gienapp ( Toronto, ON), Mike Mullis ( Dorchester, ON) and Norm Price ( Calgary, AB) as Canadian Tire's Great Canadian Hosers for 2014. In recognition of their accomplishments, each will receive a coveted Gold Hose Trophy, have the We All Play for Canada logo installed at the centre of their home ice and a $1,000 Canadian Tire Gift card to be used towards purchasing 'hoses for life.' i
As part of the inaugural campaign, Canadian Tire worked closely with RinkWatch, an organization dedicated to identifying and monitoring outdoor rinks across Canada. After a month-long search for rinks across the country, the five rink builders were selected and will be honoured for their dedication and contribution to their local communities. Each of the rinks chosen is truly a labour of love, bringing the thrill of winter, outdoor skating and hockey to hometowns across the country.Canadian Tire's Great Canadian Hosers for 2014:
- Justin Lachapelle ( St. Lazare, QC) has been perfecting his rink for the past eight years. The rink, inspired by his love of hockey is now a staple for neighbours in the community and its opening has become a beloved winter tradition.
- Jody Pace ( Halifax, NS) and his neighbours have seen their rink grow both in size and popularity since building it more than 10 years ago. Today it truly is a neighbourhood rink, hosting as many as 50-60 kids at one time and becoming a community location for many annual events.
- Russell Gienapp ( Toronto, ON) had an idea to build a rink on his local city park. Two years later it is already a community favourite. A group of local parents armed with hoses and shovels made this idea possible and the rink has grown beyond their dreams to suit the needs of all skaters. The rink has an area dedicated to hockey as well as free skating allowing people of all ages and interests to come together.
- Mike Mullis ( Dorchester, ON) built and maintains a rink that is loved by many in his hometown. Seeing kids in the neighbourhood learn to skate while developing their skills and making great memories are just a few of his favourite things about the rink.
- Norm Price ( Calgary, AB) built one of the largest rinks in Calgary and opens it up to community members to enjoy. Now in its second year, the rink has welcomed and taught many first time skaters.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV