Synergy Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ:SGYP) today announced its Chief Scientific Officer, Kunwar Shailubhai, Ph.D., M.B.A., will present a plenary lecture entitled, “Cyclic GMP: Understanding its Evolution and Clinical Implications in Gastroenterology,” during the Southern Gut Club meeting being held at the InterContinental New Orleans on Thursday, February 20, at 7:00pm (EST).
Cyclic GMP is a key intracellular mediator activated by the intestinal guanylate cyclase-C (GC-C) receptor and is responsible for initiating downstream GC-C signaling essential for maintenance of electrolytes and fluid transport as well as in regulation of homeostasis in epithelial cells lining the GI mucosa. The lecture will discuss the potential therapeutic applications of GC-C agonists in a variety of GI diseases and disorders.
Synergy Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a biotechnology company focused on the research and development of novel drugs for the treatment of gastrointestinal (GI) diseases and disorders. Synergy has discovered proprietary analogs of the human GI hormone, uroguanylin, the natural agonist for the intestinal guanylate cyclase-C (GC-C) receptor. Both Synergy’s lead GC-C agonist, plecanatide, and next-generation GC-C agonist, SP-333, mimic uroguanylin’s natural functions by binding to and activating the GC-C receptor in the GI tract to stimulate fluid and transit required for normal digestion. Plecanatide is in phase 3 clinical trials for chronic idiopathic constipation and a phase 2b study for irritable bowel syndrome with constipation. SP-333 is in phase 2 development for opioid-induced constipation and is also being explored for ulcerative colitis. For more information please visit
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV