PENNINGTON, N.J., Feb. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- With nearly 90% of parents reporting* that their children's preferences influence vacation destination decisions, hotels are targeting families through new kid-friendly programs, initiatives and outreach.
"Families are an incredibly sought after group in the industry, and hotels are going out of their way to reach them," says Lissa Poirot, editor of Family Vacation Critic. "There's been a noticeable change in the way that hotels target families, too. Traditionally, hotels reached out to parents as the decision makers, but we're seeing more and more targeting the children themselves through kid-specific features and amenities like massive water parks, tailored spa services, innovative kids clubs and personalized welcome gifts."
In 2014, a number of new hotels are scheduled to open with a clear focus on reaching family travelers. Family Vacation Critic has compiled a list of the most notable hotel openings expected this year:
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort Orlando, FL – March 2014 Family Appeal: Half of the resort's 1,800 rooms will be family suites and half of the standard guest rooms will have connecting capabilities; 10-lane bowling alley; two swimming pools; complimentary transportation to Universal Orlando theme parks and Universal CityWalk, plus early admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- Great Wolf Lodge New England Fitchburg, MA – Spring 2014 Family Appeal: Indoor play area with rope and golf courses; Majestic KidCabins and Grizzly Wolf Dens to sleep large groups in separate bedrooms and themed kids' areas; kids' spa with ice cream-themed manicures and pedicures; bowling alley; evening shows; and a 68,000 sq. ft. indoor water park.
- Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort Orlando, FL – Summer 2014 Family Appeal: A Royal Suite that expands to nine bedrooms for large families and groups; the five-acre Explorer Island with a game room, waterslides and lazy river; complimentary kids' club and tennis and golf programs.
- Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall Montego Bay, Jamaica – Mid- to late-2014 Family Appeal: Taking over a prior Ritz-Carlton property, and focused specifically on families, the all-inclusive hotel will add about 100 suites; on-site restaurants and a kids' club similar to its sister property in Los Cabos.
- Hotel Pearl – A Kimpton Hotel San Antonio, TX – Fall 2014 Family Appeal: 146 spacious rooms and Kimpton's popular kids' program, including child safety kits, a welcome gift, kid-sized robe, child equipment rentals and goldfish to "rent" during the stay.
For more information on each property, and for the full list of new hotels, visit 8 Family Resort Openings on the Radar.* Results from a September 2013 family travel survey by the Holiday Inn Resort brand. About Family Vacation CriticFamily Vacation Critic ® is a comprehensive online travel resource for families that offers reviews of family hotels, resort and destinations. The site features vacation ideas, family travel tips and an online forum for family travelers. Family Vacation Critic is published by The Independent Traveler, Inc., a subsidiary of TripAdvisor, Inc. TripAdvisor, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRIP) manages and operates websites under 21 other travel media brands: www.airfarewatchdog.com, www.bookingbuddy.com, www.cruisecritic.com, www.everytrail.com, www.familyvacationcritic.com, www.flipkey.com, www.gateguru.com, www.holidaylettings.co.uk, www.holidaywatchdog.com, www.independenttraveler.com, www.jetsetter.com, www.niumba.com, www.onetime.com, www.oyster.com , www.seatguru.com, www.smartertravel.com, www.tingo.com, www.travelpod.com, www.virtualtourist.com, www.whereivebeen.com, and www.kuxun.cn. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, with more than 260 million unique monthly visitors*, and more than 125 million reviews and opinions covering more than 3.1 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions.*Source: Google Analytics, worldwide data, July 2013 Media Contact: Aubrey Manzo(609) 730-9155 ext. 274 email@example.com SOURCE Family Vacation Critic
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV