HOD HASHARON, Israel, February 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Allot Communications Ltd. (NASDAQ: ALLT), a leading supplier of service optimization and revenue generation solutions for fixed and mobile broadband operators, today announced the availability of its February 2014 Allot MobileTrends Report, "Measuring the Mobile Video Experience," which explores the factors that impact video delivery quality over mobile data networks. The report examines how download bandwidth, duration, resolution, mobile operating system (iOS, Android) and video container (3GP, MP4) affect stalling, as well as how they interact to influence the overall video viewing experience.
Mobile subscribers tend to evaluate the overall quality of their mobile network based on their video viewing experience, and industry studies have concluded that video stalling has significant impact on user engagement and quality of experience. As demand for video content grows, video delivery quality continues to be an important challenge for operators. The report illustrates how video analytics can be used to address these challenges.
The statistical information presented in the report includes a randomly selected sample of 300,000 representative video detail records (VDRs) from hundreds of millions of unmanaged mobile video transactions during a given week. The source data was extracted anonymously from a mobile service provider in a developed country during December 2013.Mobile Video Delivery - Key Findings:
- Actual bandwidth allocation by the network has no correlation to the video stream requirements.
- Laptops with dongles experience more video stalls than smartphones, however laptop users will continue to watch the video for longer durations, regardless of stalls.
- The video delivery container directly affects the mobile viewing experience.
- Insufficient allocated bandwidth for the video session will result in video stalls.
- Videos watched for longer durations are likely to have more stalls.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts