Mortgage rates turn downward (again)
There has been no such change of course for rates on CDs, savings accounts and money market accounts. These remained unchanged throughout last year, having hit bottom and then appearing dead in the water. As the recent downturn in mortgage rates suggests, the deteriorating economic news of late should only prolong the time deposit rates spend near zero.
In an economic story with so many twists and turns, improved growth may yet revive deposit rates later in the year. For now though, the only way consumers can earn higher rates is by active comparison shopping.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV