After the bell, shares had added 2.6% to $19.15 after gaining 3.2% in the regular trading session. Trading volume of 7.5 million was nearly double its three-month daily average.
In the three months to December, the company recorded net income of 42 cents a share, 22 cents higher than analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had predicted. Revenue of $1.61 billion came in higher than consensus of $1.54 billion.
"The strength of our fourth-quarter results reflects building momentum in our International operations and a more favorable outlook for our U.S. Drilling operations. Our Completion & Production Services operations posted an improvement in what would usually be a seasonally weaker quarter," said CEO Tony Petrello in a statement.Management sees continuing improvement over 2014, commencing with the second quarter ending June. "We foresee substantial year-over-year quarterly improvement, which should accelerate in the second half," added Petrello. "A major factor in our expectation is the outsized contribution of the 140 rig years of long-term rig contracts we have secured over the last 18 months, 90 of which should be realized through 2015 with only 6.7 reflected in our results to date. Must Read: Spotify IPO Is a Dog and Pony Show Must Read: Chelsea Therapeutics Wins FDA Approval For Northera TheStreet Ratings team rates NABORS INDUSTRIES LTD as a Hold with a ratings score of C+. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate NABORS INDUSTRIES LTD (NBR) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: NBR Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV