Post-Market Activity Shows Panera Bread Company (PNRA) Down
- PNRA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $83.9 million.
- PNRA is down 4.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PNRA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PNRA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PNRA: Panera Bread Company, together with its subsidiaries, owns, operates, and franchises retail bakery-cafes in the United States and Canada. The company operates three business segments: Bakery-Cafe Operations, Franchise Operations, and Fresh Dough and Other Product Operations. PNRA has a PE ratio of 27.0. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Panera Bread Company a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for Panera Bread Company has been 425,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Panera Bread has a market cap of $4.8 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 1.18 and a short float of 8.6% with 4.76 days to cover. Shares are up 0.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Panera Bread Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 4.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market, PANERA BREAD CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- PANERA BREAD CO has improved earnings per share by 19.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PANERA BREAD CO increased its bottom line by earning $5.89 versus $4.55 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.66 versus $5.89).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry average. The net income increased by 17.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $36.52 million to $42.76 million.
- You can view the full Panera Bread Company Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.