NIKE, Inc. (NYSE:NKE) announced today that Anthony Watson will become the company’s new Chief Information Officer (CIO).
Watson, a seasoned veteran of the information technology business, joins NIKE from Barclays Bank, PLC, where he has been their London-based Managing Director and CIO for Europe and the Middle East, as well as for Global Operations since 2009. He was also the chair of Barclays’ Europe, Middle East, Retail and Business Banking Operating Committee and co-chair of Barclays’ Global Diversity & Inclusion Council.
Prior to Barclays, Watson was Senior Vice President and Global Head of Technology Services for Wells Fargo, where he also served as a member of the Board of Directors of Wells Fargo Bank International. He has also held senior roles at CitiGroup, Unisys Corporation, Microsoft and First-e Bancorp, Europe’s first Internet bank.
“We look forward to Anthony joining our team and bringing his deep knowledge, expertise and vision to lead NIKE’s overall technology strategy,” said Eric Sprunk, Chief Operating Officer for NIKE, Inc. “We are confident he can deliver progressive and innovative technology solutions and help us to continue to drive sustainable, profitable growth.”Watson, 38, will report to Sprunk and his anticipated start date is in mid-April. About NIKE NIKE, Inc., based near Beaverton, Oregon, is the world's leading designer, marketer and distributor of authentic athletic footwear, apparel, equipment and accessories for a wide variety of sports and fitness activities. Wholly-owned NIKE, Inc. subsidiaries include Converse Inc., which designs, markets and distributes athletic footwear, apparel and accessories; and Hurley International LLC, which designs, markets and distributes action sports and youth lifestyle footwear, apparel and accessories. For more information, visit www.nikeinc.com or follow @Nike.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV