Trade-Ideas: Nabors Industries (NBR) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- NBR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $86.9 million.
- NBR is up 2.6% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NBR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NBR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NBR: 13 Exploration & Production / Refining & Marketing. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. NBR has a PE ratio of 32.9. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Nabors Industries a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for Nabors Industries has been 3.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Nabors has a market cap of $5.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 2.95 and a short float of 4.1% with 2.83 days to cover. Shares are up 6.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Nabors Industries as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- 36.75% is the gross profit margin for NABORS INDUSTRIES LTD which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -6.74% is in-line with the industry average.
- NBR's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.69 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that NBR's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.65 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- NBR, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 8.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 10.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, NABORS INDUSTRIES LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $309.31 million or 19.21% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Nabors Industries Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts