TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (NYSE: AMTD) today is pleased to announce that its broker-dealer subsidiary, TD Ameritrade, Inc. (“TD Ameritrade”), has been named the #1 Overall Broker by StockBrokers.com, a web site that seeks to help self-directed investors find the best broker to fit their needs. This is StockBrokers.com’s fourth annual Broker Review. TD Ameritrade was also honored with Industry Awards for the #1 iPad App and #1 Desktop Platform, thinkorswim.
The StockBrokers.com 2014 Online Broker Review assessed 17 brokers on 266 different variables within eight primary research areas: Commissions & Fees, Ease of Use, Platforms & Tools, Research, Customer Service, Offering of Investments, Education, and Mobile Trading.
Their team then rated the brokers in 12 separate categories, addressing those areas: Overall, Commissions & Fees, Ease of Use, Platforms & Tools, Research, Customer Service, Offering of Investments, Education, Mobile Trading, Options Trading, Active Trading and New Investors. Of the 12 categories, TD Ameritrade received a #1 ranking or Best in Class recognition in nine, including:
- Platforms & Tools (3 years running)
- Research (3 years running)
- Customer Service (4 years running)
- Education (2 years running)
- Mobile Trading (2 years running; this category debuted last year)
- New Investors (2 years running; this category debuted last year)
- Options Trading (4 year streak)
- Active Trading (4 years running)
- Overall (3 years running)
“We are passionate about creating the best experience for our clients in every sense of the term; whether it's tools, investor education, customer service or our mobile offering,” said Steve Quirk, senior vice president of TD Ameritrade’s Trader Group. “We are honored to be named the best overall broker for the third year running by StockBrokers.com, which conducts a thorough and comprehensive review of our space. We remain committed to innovation, building the best offering for all of our investors and traders.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts