NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Tony Award-nominated actor Brandon Victor Dixon chats with former actor Cherella Cox, as TheStreet continues its coverage of African Americans during Black History Month. Dixon is playing Berry Gordy in Motown: The Musical, written by Gordy, and now playing at the Lunt-Fontanne Theater.
Dixon is an actor who says he is not afraid of being typecast. The star has played a variety of characters, including Simba in The Lion King. He also received a Tony Award nomination for his role as Harpo in The Color Purple, which has opened up a lot of doors for the performer.
When asked his favorite song in Motown: The Musical -- out of more than the 50 songs from the '60s, '70s and '80s -- Dixon finally picks Marvin Gaye's "Mercy Me." (Cast member Bryan Terrell Clark is currently performing the part of Gaye.)
Check out the video to hear Brandon sing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV