Savings Rate, Credit Card Delinquencies Offer Different Outlooks
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Call it a tale of two debt scenarios.
One study out this week shows that only half of Americans have more emergency savings than they do credit card debt.
But another shows that Americans' credit card delinquency rates are at five-year lows.
First up is Bankrate's data on emergency savings among consumers, which stands at the lowest level since 2011.According to Bankrate, only 51% of U.S. adults have more emergency savings than credit card debt. Another 28% have more credit card debt than emergency savings, while 17% have neither emergency savings nor credit card debt.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV